A New Year symbolizes new beginnings, fresh starts, and renewed energy. So what better time to assess our life and figure out what changes we want to make for the better? How do you want to grow and change to become an even better version of yourself that you can be very proud of? Here are some journal prompts to help get you started. I hope you find them helpful! I’ve also created a printable list of all the prompts, plus a bonus stationery set for you, free for downloading!
You can use these prompts with the bonus sheets, or in your favorite blank journal or bullet journal. For long form journaling, I like either a nice hardcover notebook with lined pages such as this one from Paperage, or a notebook with a cute cover such as this Hello Kitty notebook from Erin Condren. (something about cute notebooks just makes journaling more fun!)
Journal Prompts for the New Year to Focus on Personal Growth
Here are our favorite journaling prompts for focusing on personal growth. These are especially great after some year-end journaling to reflect on how the past year has been for you, including all the good and not-so-good things. (Have you checked out our year-end journal prompt already?)
- What do you want the theme for the New Year to be?
- If you had 3 wishes for the New Year, what would they be?
- How do you want to prioritize your life this year? List your top 5 priorities.
- What 3 affirmations would you pick for the New Year?
- What changes do you want to make to your life?
- What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
- What are 3 of your life passions?
- What are your top personal goals for the New Year? Financial goals? Career goals?
- What steps do you need to take to make these a reality?
- What are some things that you can start doing next week to work towards your goals?
- What are the biggest challenges you face when it comes to reaching your goals?
- What is one new thing you want to learn this year?
- What would you like your morning routine to look like this year?
- What would you like your evening routine to look like this year?
- How can you make this world a better place?
- Who is someone that inspires you for this year? Why?
- What type of people do you want to add to your circle for mutual support?
- What are 3 things you want to be known for?
- What habits do you want to break? What good habits to you want to start?
- What does your dream life look like?
Free Journaling Prompts & Stationery Printables!
As promised, here are the links for the free printable of the journaling prompts, plus a special coordinating stationary set that can be used for journaling, letter writing or notes! (The stationery set includes both lined and unlined versions.) These printables have a white background, but I like to print them on cream colored paper for a more classic stationary look. I use the ones from Springhill (shown above), available on Amazon. I hope you enjoy them!
To see all of our free printables, head over to the Fleurette Press Freebies Library!
Fleurette Press is a boutique book company based in California
specializing in journals & activity books. We love writing, journaling and beautiful
design, and we take pride in creating delightful books that brighten your day!
More about us here!